Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Day in the Life: Sunday the 14th of August

I read about "A Day in the Life" in the blog of Claire of Miso Funky. It looked like a really fun blogging idea and despite thinking that my day would probably be too boring to publicise, I decided to give it a go.



This day in the life date was chosen by Julie of CraftyFrayedEdges- you can read all about a day in her life and everyone else who's taken part here.



Here Goes!



07:15- My alarm goes off. I know that I should really get up but I snooze until...



08:00- I haul myself out of bed and inspect my bandaged hand which I staved the previous day at work. My finger's still pretty swollen and it's my good hand. Disaster! Decide that another 15 minutes might be of benefit to my injured paw.



08:15- Check email on phone, a few good deals from Groupon and shop emails. Still not out of bed.



08:20- Eventually get up, get showered and hair washed. I have to sit down while I'm drying my hair because I'm still pretty sleepy.



08:45- Michael brings me some bitesize Shredded Wheats but there's not enough time for tea.



09:00- Arrive at work. Let myself in and start ploughing through a mini mountain of admin stuff.



10:30- I proceed to unpack what seems like a gazillion pairs of brogues trying not to use my gammy hand too much.



13:00- Get back to the flat for lunch (it's so good living close-by to the day-job)and have some really delicious scrambled egg on toast followed by a large cup of tea, 3 Custard Creams and 2 Jaffa Cakes.



14:05- Back to work. Feel a bit sick after the mega lunch.



15:00- Feel a bit worried about my injured hand as I have a lot of printing to do next week. Double Argh!



16:30- A bit of excitement when the fire alarm goes off and the shop is evacuated. It's sunny outside which is a bonus!



18:15- Hometime!



19:00- Make a huge batch of macaroni cheese and eat quite a lot of it for dinner. Yum.



20:00- Catch up with my shop, emails, do some blog-reading and think about the possibility of buying some new glasses online. Decide I'm too fussy to buy stuff to wear on my face without trying it on first and look at some flats for sale online.



21:00- Think about having a small gathering/party for my birthday in September. Hmmm.



21:40- 2nd giant cup of tea of the day (this is a surprisingly low number). I wish we had more sweets and cake in the flat. My hand feels a bit better which is ace.



22:00- Catch a bit of the new Dragon's Den on TV and paint my nails a lilac colour.



22:50- Get into bed with a book (a curry recipe book)



23:00- Sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment